Friday, October 4, 2013

I Called Congressman Farenthold's Office This Morning

I called my Congressman's office this morning. He is Blake Farenthold, in his second term as the representative for the 27th Congressional District.
A polite young man answered and I told him "I would like to leave a message for Congressman Farenthold. I want to see him and the House Republicans act responsibly and end the government shutdown. I blame him and the House Republicans for creating this crisis. I want to see this brought to an end immediately."
Well! I feel better for having made my opinion known, not that I think the Congressman or the Republicans will give a whit!
Farenthold has been all over the media these days. Apparently the House Republicans want him to get a little air time. He has a history of making idiotic statements, including his recent declaration that the government shutdown was a "paid vacation" for the furloughed federal employees. This statement is, of course, untrue.

No comments:

Post a Comment