Monday, February 2, 2015

Freshman State Rep. Molly White (R, Belton) Clarifies her position on Muslim visitors to her capitol office



On Thursday the State Capitol in Austin was the scene of heated attacks against Muslims celebrating Texas Muslim Day. Many of their number visited members offices, though most were gone as the lege is in recess at the moment.
A group from Michigan, led by Cathie Weiss, verbally and physically assaulted the demonstrators in an attempt to take over their event.  Weiss and her group seem very much like the Westboro Baptist Church, who spew hate against their perceived enemies.
Molly White, (R) Belton was not in but she posted the following on Facebook.
Today is Texas Muslim Capital day [sic] in Austin. The House is in recess until Monday. Most Members including myself are back in District. I did leave an Israeli flag on the reception desk in my office with instructions to staff to ask representatives from the Muslim community to renounce Islamic terrorist groups and publicly announce allegiance to America and our laws. We will see how long they stay in my office.


The following day she said this in an interview with KWTX, (Belton, Tx. TV) on Friday. Jan. 30.)
 “I always treat everybody with respect and listen, but if we have some things that are diabolically (italics mine) different then I need to let them know where I stand and they let me know where they stand.”

Her use of the word ‘diabolically’  was interesting. Surely she must have meant ‘diametrically!’
Likely it was a Freudian slip of the first order!

No comments:

Post a Comment